- Program Enrollment: February 15 – March 19
- Employment Prep: March 24 – April 1, 2021
- Employment Assignments: April 5 – June 25, 2021 (12 weeks)
- Wage: $12/hr
Learn more about this valuable work experience for 16-24-year-olds.
- No cost to businesses to participate. The full cost of wages and fringe are paid through local WIOA funding.
- The commitment of at least 25 hours/week of employment and engagement for out-of-school youth and 12 hours/week for in-school youth from April 5, 2021, to June 25, 2021.
- Sign the worksite agreement and designate a company representative as a point of contact for the program.
- Businesses must have 5 employees and be able to monitor the work progress of each youth assigned.
- Virtual work is encouraged. In-person positions will also be accepted.
- Commitment to train/mentor a young adult in both the job-specific tasks and the fundamentals of positive work habits/behaviors.
- Be available to sign and submit time cards for each participant bi-weekly on the given due date to ensure the youth is paid on time.
- 16 – 24 years old.
- Earn $1,700 to $5,700 for participation in full program.
- Meet WIOA eligibility.
- Register as a program participant and provide all application documents prior to March 19, 2021.
- Attend workforce skills preparation prior to work assignment.
- Work assigned position and hours from April 5, 2021 – June 25, 2021.
- Be positive, prepared, and ready to learn at your job site!
- Transportation assistance and additional support items may be available for youth needing to work physically at a job location.
Learn more at midsouthyouth.com