- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan is operated directly by the SBA.
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan provides working capital only.
- Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee are eligible – border counties in neighboring states may be included in an eligible state’s service area.
- Small businesses
- Small agricultural cooperatives
- Small aquaculture businesses
- Most private non-profit organizations
- Religious and charitable organizations are not eligible
Loan Amounts, Rates & Uses
- Eligible applicants may qualify for loans up to $2 million.
- Interest rates: 3.75% for SMB; 2.75% for nonprofits
- Terms up to 30 years
- It may be used to paying fixed debts, payroll, AP, and other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred.
- Not intended to replace lost sales, profits, or expansion
How to Apply
- Electronically: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- Free application assistance is available – https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance
- Email – disastercustomerservice [at] sba [dot] gov
- Phone – 800.659.2955 | 800.877.8339 (TTY)
- Paper: Download application form: www.sba.gov/disaster
- Mail completed application to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76115
More on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program